Rabu, 03 Maret 2010
China-based Honda Companies Joins 2007 Shanghai Auto Show
In the news: The Honda companies in China namely Guangzhou Honda and Dongfeng Honda, together with Honda Motor Co., Ltd producer of quality Honda muffler has ventured in a joint automobile production and sales undertaking. They have adopted the theme--- “Dreams, Technologies, Joys” for the Shanghai Auto Show which has started yesterday, April 20, 2007 through 28. As part of the event there would be a Media day that will be made exclusive for the press on April 20 and April 21.
Honda is pretty much aware of how important it is to address the issues of safety, energy conservation, and the protection of the environment not only in China but also in the rest of world. And because of this, it has turned all its vehicles into eco-friendly mode of transport by equipping them with advanced auto components that suppresses harmful emissions such as their lines of Honda mufflers. Likewise as part of their commitment, the China-based Honda Company, Dongfeng Honda will start its import and sales of Honda Civic Hybrid through its dedicated Dongfeng Honda dealers.
The vehicles to be exhibited by Honda at the 2007 Shanghai Auto Show come from the rich lineup of Honda’s advanced powertrain technologies. This is the automakers way of showing its contribution for the sustainable mobility in the Chinese automobile industry.
Here is the summary of exhibitions of Honda for the 2007 Shanghai Auto Show:
• Honda Civic Hybrid
• Honda FCX Concept, Honda’s new fuel-cell vehicle, and Honda’s experimental Home Energy Station, which would provide hydrogen home refueling.
• Honda Fit FFV, a Flexible Fuel Vehicle that can be operated on either 100% ethanol or a wide range of ethanol-gasoline fuel mixtures, which Honda has been producing and selling in Brazil since the end of 2006.
• Green Boat 2, the winning machine in the first Honda Econopower Race held in China in 2006, developed by a team from Tongji University, which drove 331.623 kilometers on one liter of gasoline. (In the Honda Econopower Race, participating teams compete based on the distance the vehicle can drive with one liter of gasoline. This is a race to challenge the limits of fuel efficiency.)
• Other exhibitions:
- All-new Honda CR-V and other models sold by Dongfeng Honda and Guangzhou Honda
- Honda Accord, City - cut body
- Driving simulator
- F1 machine (2007 livery model)
Also to be shown at the Shanghai Auto Show is the Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept which is going to be used as the basis for the next-generation sports car that will succeed the Acura NSX which by the way is also included in the display. Other Acura models included in the display are:
• Acura MDX which went on sale last April 13
• Acura RL and Acura TL
By means of this exhibition, Honda aimed to express its dreams for the future and to showcase the advancement that it has achieved in terms of technologies that will help them in realizing their dream. Honda would also want to share the joy that mobility can bring to people by means of their various vehicles. And as a responsible member of the automobile industry in China, Honda promise to continue to create a harmonious mobility society by helping solve issues relating to safety, environment, and energy conservation.